Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

more purple orange and watermelon blocks

I have Some work on 8 of the 25 blocks only 17 more to go.
I am starting to get in the groove of things. I think Ill do some Brazilian Embroidery on the peachy pink in the middle yet.
I think this block could use some BE or silk ribbon embroidery on the mulberry silk and maybe the purple velvet. By the way I have looked for a fabric that would work as a border for this quilt. You would be amazed at the amount of fabric I have purchased that I have decided wont work. How ever last summer at a garage sale I found more of the lovely purple velvet. enough to make a border to set the blocks in. yeah for garage sales....
The puke coloured orange rose buds by the lace, the button and the fabric under the dragonfly are actually apricot like the block bellow. I really need to learn how to take better photos

This block was done on the quick and needs allot yet.The lace in the block above has got to be a favorite of mine. Another garage sale find I painted it though. By the way I have no idea what I am going to do with this quilt when I am done. I love the colour combination but it does not match a thing in my home. Perhaps I will donate it to my local art gallery?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all your laces! You have some gorgeous ones that I covet. Your stitching is beautiful, too. And I loved the stretch of apricot rose buds. Really pretty work.