Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Look what I found at a garage sale. A lovely thread cabinet. Seven drawers 2 1/2 inches deep. If I had planed it I would have put in 9 one for each colour and black and white but for $15.00 who can b*+(h.
Unfortunately the inside of the drawers were really rough and damaged so I had to line them so as not to snag my beautiful threads. Now to wind all my thread. I am trying to use Sharon Boggon's idea for storage of my threads as I just cant imagine a better one that doesn't take up tonnes of space.


I plan on keeping my BE threads separate though as they are steamed to straighten them and I think winding them on skeins defeats the purpose of steaming them. Plus I cut them into ~ 1 m. speaking of which I have so much BE thread now I simply must get to work on it.

Boy am I glad blogspot has a spell checker as I can't spell or type.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your thread cabinet and the price - wow! Good for you for finding it. I'll keep looking then. Right now, they are on rings on hangers in the closet.