Search This Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Satin Blanky

When I was a little girl I had a pale blue grey satin blanket. One side was satin and the other was flannel and it was bound with white satin blanket ribbon binding. I just loved it. If it was hot when I lay down for a nap Id lay under the satiny side and the slipperiness was cool against my skin and if I was cold I used the flannel side. Who ever made it embroidered some flowers in two opposite corners simple lazy daisies and some french knot centers I think.

I was talking with Mom about baby/ small child blankets the other day and asked her about it. She told me she washed and washed it and it held up pretty good. So I thought Id make one or two some day. Well the most beautiful yellow satin came into my posession today from a garage sale so It looks like Ill be making two. Im making them bigger than the typical crib blanket cause I want them to be more of a nap blanket for an older child.

No comments: