Search This Blog

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Homemade Deodorant

A blog I found had a recipe for your own homemade deodorant. I wasn't sure where to get the shea butter or cocoa butter as I checked out the local Micheals and they only had an unscented lotion that had shea butter as an ingredient. So when my dear cousin when to the States I asked her to scope me out some at their craft stores or at the craft fair in Minot SD. She brought me some and I adapted the blog recipe as follows
1/4 C shea butter
1/4 C coco buter
1/4 C corn starch
1 Tbsp Baking soda
6 drops of essential oil I used essence of cucumber
I melted the butters and then stirred in the powders and oil
Then poured it into a round plastic container and placed in the fridge to cool.
once it was cooled it popped out of the container and I rubbed it under my arm from the edge. I think I will keep mine in the fridge as I like being able to just pop it out and use it like a deodorant from the store.
I am going to wait until I can find some one who uses the store bought variety and pour the recipe into it.
I am not to sure how solid the mixture is at room temp yet keeping it in the fridge here is not a problem so I don't think I am going to even try. don't want to have to pinch some out and get all grease on my fingers every morning but maybe that is your thing. Sorry no photo can't find where DH put it this am. The other recipe has vitamin E oil in it I just didn't have any on hand. There is a photo on the original blog. It is called angry chicken.
Try it out...

No comments: